In keeping with our 2020 theme of reducing waste, we’re going to try something new: Tool Swap!
Simply bring the items you want to swap, and swap them for items of a similar value.
Here’s how it works:
- 8-10am: Bring your labeled items to the Tool Swap table by 10am. You will get 1 ticket for every point you contribute. There will be a volunteer available to explain the process and help facilitate.
- Bring items that are clean and in good working condition. See list of item ideas in the section below.
- Label each item with your name, phone number, and the number of points (roughly aligned to dollar value) you believe the item is worth.
- We will only accept items that have a 3-point value or more.
- We reserve the right to refuse items if they don’t look to be in good working condition, unusable, or below the 3-point threshold.
- NO CELL PACKS or NURSERY POTS.
- 10am-12:15pm: Items will be on display only so everyone has a chance to look them over. No transactions will happen during this time.
- 12:15-1pm: Redeem your tickets for items on the table with a corresponding point value (3-point item = 3tickets).
- If there is more than one person who wants an item, the lowest number ticket would get priority.
- You can choose to donate your tickets if they don’t want anything on the table. There will be a ticket donation jar on the table.
- You can choose to use available donated tickets if you would like an item of higher value.
- 1-3pm (or until everything is gone): Anyone without tickets can use the donated tickets to select one item at a time.
- If your item is unclaimed at the end of the fair, you may take it home. The swap ends at 3pm.
- Any unclaimed leftovers remaining after 3pm will be donated.
Examples of types of clean items in good working condition that would be good for the tool swap:
- Garden tool ideas
- Soil blocking kits
- Clean/unused row cover
- Plant stakes
- Large tools*
- Food preservation supply ideas
- Pressure canners
- Canning jars
- Fermentation crocks
- Composting supply ideas
- Worm bins
- Under sink compost buckets
- Mulching supplies*
- Compost tumblers*
- Beekeeping supply ideas
- Tools/tool boxes
- Entrance reducers
- Extraction equipment*
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: If an item is too large/unwieldy/messy to bring to the tool swap table—such as large tools or bags of mulch or soil — you may put a photo(s) of the item on the table with your contact info and any additional information about where to pick up the item.