Thank you to everyone who attended and helped to make the 3rd annual Free the Seeds! Seed and Start Fair a huge success! At this year’s event, we:
- Gave away nearly 20,000 seed packets to our 1,250+ attendees
- Brought together 39 local farms, garden centers, businesses, and organizations to share their experience and expertise with our community
- Provided 22 free workshops where attendees learned skills related to preparing, growing, improving, and using their harvest
- Held four community conversations among farmers, chefs, teachers, local leaders, and community members to discuss reducing food waste, protecting food sources including seeds, sustaining school gardens, and increasing local food access
- Created a fun space where 60 kids learned about real seeds and real food through community-led, garden-themed activities
- Let teachers earn educational credits for attending workshops so that they can pass on what they learned to their K–12 students
If you couldn’t attend, we filmed the workshops; you can look for video access on our website in April. We were able to do all this with a budget of less than $10,000, thanks to the contribution of time and resources of our parent organization, Farm Hands, and more than 40 local sponsors, dozens of volunteers, and the greater Flathead Valley community. We couldn’t do it without you. Thank you for your support!